There are so many international scholarship awards for students who wish to study in the Netherlands, and in this post we have listed the top 10 fully-funded scholarship awards for students who wish to study in the Netherlands.
There are a lot of scholarships available for international students; however, not all of them are genuine. Some are scams that use fake application forms, phony offers, and only money grabbers looking to extract as much money as possible from innocent people.
Hence, it is necessary to conduct extensive research and choose a scholarship that meets your requirements. A large number of genuine scholarships are offered by government bodies, organizations, and institutes, and therefore they require minimum or no effort from you to qualify for the award.
The rest of the scholarships on this list require minimal effort and can be completed with little or no prior academic experience. All you need to do is apply for these scholarship programs and follow the instructions given.
Below are the top 10 fully-funded scholarship awards for students who wish to study in the Netherlands.
10. Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
If you wish to study at Utrecht University, then you should apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship which provides 100% funding to its students. This scholarship covers your tuition fees, a grant for living expenses, an allowance for books, medical insurance, travel costs, visa fees, accommodation costs, etc.
If you meet the admission requirements for your chosen program, you will be awarded this scholarship. Note that you will need to provide some personal documents like educational certificates, essays, transcripts, a language certificate, etc. if you are applying for this scholarship. You will also need to prove that you have been studying in your home country for at least 2 years before you can apply for this scholarship.
9. Tilburg MSC Ph.D. Program
This program is open to candidates who wish to study at Tilburg University in the Netherlands. If you meet the eligibility criteria for this scholarship, you will be offered full funding for your entire education at this university. It covers all your living expenses during your stay in the Netherlands. This scholarship also provides a monthly allowance to cover your food and other daily expenses, apart from covering your tuition fees.
8. Holland Scholarship:
Study Abroad Programme the Holland Scholarship is open to both European and non-European students who wish to study at one of the five Dutch universities participating in this program. You can choose from among 15 different master’s degree programs offered by these universities.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must first get accepted into one of these 15 master’s degree programs by one of the participating universities.
7. Orange Knowledge Programme:
Postgraduate Studies in Africa the Orange Knowledge Programme provides scholarships to highly qualified Africans who wish to study postgraduate studies in Europe. It covers all your tuition fees and other related expenses while studying at one of the 15 European universities that participate in this program.
6. Leiden University Excellence Scholarships: Research Funding Scholarships:
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships is an excellent program that allows international students to receive full research funding while studying at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
5. Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands:
Education & Training International Students with good academic records are eligible to apply for this scholarship. These are part-time masters’ degrees offered by European universities and funded by the European Union. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum GPA of 3.5/4. This scholarship provides funding for your tuition fees, living expenses, and books fees.
4. Radboud University Scholarship Programme:
The Radboud University Research Scholars Foundation offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from Africa, South America, Asia, and Oceania who wish to study at Radboud University in the Netherlands.
3. Royal Holland Society of Sciences and Humanities:
VENIER Grant Program For researchers from non-western countries who wish to study at a Dutch university, the Royal Holland Society of Sciences and Humanities (KHMW) has launched the VENIER Grant Program. This grant program will provide international researchers with financial support for their tuition fees, travel expenses, and housing costs while they are studying at a Dutch university.
2. University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships:
Outstanding Masters Students Each year, the University of Maastricht awards around 100 top-performing Masters Students with outstanding performance who want to further their education at a prestigious university in Europe. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, health insurance, and travel expenses.
1. University of Twente Scholarships:
Highly Qualified Applicants Who wish to pursue a master’s degree at the University of Twente can apply for this prestigious scholarship program. You must be able to speak Dutch fluently and hold a good Bachelor’s GPA.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship for international students who wish to study a Masters at the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Utrecht University, Netherlands. This award provides funding for two years and may be taken up by either Dutch or international students.
Utrecht Excellence scholarships are intended for outstanding students with high potential in science and engineering. Students who are interested in this award will be required to first secure admission to study in the school of Science and Engineering at Utrecht University, Netherlands.
About Utrecht University Funding Opportunities:
The University offers many financial aid opportunities, such as grants, loans, employment schemes, work-study programs, fee waivers, or sponsorship programs. The university has five faculties with 14 schools and academies that cover almost all the basic fields of education.
Each faculty is represented by one or more specialized schools and institutes that cater to specific interests in teaching and research. There are four main libraries that house around 5 million print and digital media volumes. In addition, there are 30 multimedia rooms equipped with Apple Macintosh computers.
In recent years, Utrecht University has made great strides in technology with its integration of student online learning systems and distance learning platforms. Every year the school welcomes thousands of international students from over 150 countries to its well-respected degree programs.
At Utrecht University, you will get a unique educational experience that includes world-class academics, highly personalized advising, close student/faculty interaction, small classes, individualized attention, etc.
Who is Eligible to Apply for this Program?
Applicants Eligible to Apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is:
1. Students who have shown outstanding performance in their previous studies;
2. Applicants who have all the required documents to complete a master degree at the university;
3. Those who meet the admission requirements to study at the university;
4. Candidates who do not hold an EU/EEA passport.
Best Tips to Get a Scholarship Fast in the Netherlands: ·
Successful scholarship applications usually depend on several factors such as GPA, English level, English language test scores, standardized test scores, professional achievements, motivation letters, letters of recommendation, academic transcripts, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.
Therefore, it is very important to work on your personal statement and provide additional evidence of your ability to contribute to the program you wish to apply for.
- Candidates should demonstrate an enthusiasm for studying at Utrecht University and be able to explain why they would like to attend this university.
- Strongly research-oriented universities require that you submit high-quality research projects or papers during your application process.
- A personal statement can play a very important role in making your application stand out from the rest. Make sure that you focus on providing examples of what makes you a good candidate for the program you wish to apply for.
- You can always check with your prospective advisor whether he/she would recommend that you write a personal statement or not.
- Have all required documents ready and well organized before applying for this scholarship.
- Do a lot of research about the scholarships available in your chosen field of study. Look for which ones are currently open and read through their requirements and details. This way you will be able to see which scholarships fit your interests and skills best.
- Identify potential partners who may be able to support you with the financial aspects of your education. Check if they offer similar programs and ask if they will help you financially with the costs of studying abroad.
- Also, there are many useful websites where you can find free examples of personal statements and sample CVs that you can use as templates.
- Apply for scholarships online as soon as possible.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Value:
€25,000 is awarded to up to 50 students per year, including travel expenses, towards tuition fees, tuition fees, accommodation, etc. Scholarship Coverage: €20,000 is awarded to successful applicants in addition to their own tuition fees, meaning they receive a maximum of €35,000 per year towards their studies. Students receive €10,000 each academic year for travel expenses, food, books, health insurance, visas, living expenses, etc.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their application through the Official Scholarship Website
University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships
University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships is now open to international students who meet the necessary requirements. Applicants for this scholarship must be students from outside the European Union or Iceland and have at least one parent from a low-income family.
Students will need to prove they are high potential and need support to achieve their full potential in life. They will also need to show they have had difficulty completing their degree in the past and/or face other financial or personal difficulties.
The scholars will receive a €15,000 award for one year, renewable once they complete their first year. Students who successfully complete their first year of studies at the University of Maastricht will receive a €20,000 award for one year, renewable once they complete their second year of studies.
These students will be automatically considered for the opportunity to earn a Ph.D. degree and complete their research project at the University of Maastricht, which has been ranked among the top 30 universities in the world.
This program is sponsored by the VITO (a Dutch charitable foundation) and administered by the university’s Center for Talented Youth. In 2017, almost 90% of applicants were admitted to the program. It is now available to applicants from countries all over the world.
To apply for this program, you must submit a detailed essay explaining why you believe you meet the necessary criteria and why you believe you would benefit from this scholarship. You must also upload an updated CV that lists your previous educational experience and professional achievements.
A statement of financial need that explains how your family finances were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and explains how your circumstances have changed since March 2020 is also required.
Scholarship Details in Brief
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Maastricht University Scholarship Fund/ Holland Scholarship Scholarship to be taken at: Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
- Scholarship Worth: Up to €29,000 per year
- Number of Awards: 24 full scholarships.
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: International students (non-EU/EEA)
Who is Eligible to Apply for this Scholarship?
- The Universiteit Maastricht offers scholarships to young students who:
- Have demonstrated potential in mathematics, science, technology, engineering, or arts who
- Are financially struggling due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Are committed to working towards a career in one of the areas listed above
- Have completed high school or equivalent with excellent grades
- Are currently attending high school or an equivalent educational institution in their home country or elsewhere who
- Have achieved excellent grades during their secondary education (minimum average score of 5/5 on a scale of 1-7)
- Have the strong ambition to attend university in the Netherlands
- Can attend this program on an English-taught bachelor’s degree at the University of Maastricht If you are interested in this scholarship, you should visit the website listed below and submit your application there.
If you are unsure whether you meet the requirements for this scholarship, you should still submit your application anyway.
How to Apply for the University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships:
The application period for this scholarship begins on June 10 and ends on July 31. When applying, please do so using the form found on the website linked below.
You must also attach a certified copy of your secondary school certificate (with grade transcript).
Do not forget to include your name, phone number, address, email address, nationality, age, GPA, gender, a field of study, date of birth, education level, desired major, motivation letter, etc.
Applicants must be either be current students at the University of Maastricht or those who will start studying there within one year. Do not forget to include your name, phone number, address, email address, nationality, age, GPA, gender, date of birth, education level, desired major, motivation letter, etc.
Official Scholarship Website
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands
Students looking for fully-funded scholarship opportunities to study in the Netherlands can look to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands. The Erasmus University scholarship is hosted and financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The scholarship is open to students who for students who reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and wishes to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Holland.
About Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands:
The program provides support for higher education students from low-income countries who wish to study at a university in the Netherlands. For applicants from the selected countries, this will be a very high-quality scholarship as well as it will be fully funded by the Dutch government.
Additionally, there is no work requirement imposed on applicants and therefore no part-time jobs are expected from them during their studies. This Erasmus Mundus Scholarship can help cover all expenses that are incurred by the student including tuition fees, travel expenses, accommodation, and books.
More importantly, this award also allows applicants to complete their education without having to take up any other job or looking for financial support from any other source.
Selection criteria of Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands:
Eligible candidates must have an interest in international development, studies, and policymaking. In addition, they must have demonstrated leadership skills and strong potential for community involvement.
- These individuals should be interested in either environmental management or political issues, have excellent grades and preferably hold an advanced degree in one of the relevant areas.
- Apart from these factors, candidates are expected to demonstrate financial need and commitment to sustainable development.
- Applicants must be Non-EEA nationals;
- Must be applying to study for a full-time Master’s or Bachelor’s at the University of Erasmus, Rotterdam;
- And also are encouraged to attend an interview with a local contact person before receiving a scholarship.
- It is recommended that applicants have basic English language skills as well as adequate written and spoken proficiency in their own language.
How to apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in the Netherlands?
All interested candidates can apply for this award through the online process by visiting the official website of the award before the Application Deadline: January 7 each year.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are eligible to receive up to EUR 9,000 per year (10 months) towards their studies at the University of Erasmus, Rotterdam.
The students will be awarded based on academic performance, contribution to society, student’s professional career plans, level of financial need, language proficiency, leadership qualities, commitment to social engagement, student’s citizenship, and socio-economic situation.
You can access the online application form at the Official Scholarship Website
Tips to Win the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships:
You should keep your eyes on all available scholarships because sometimes there is more than one award offered by different institutions in a country. There are plenty of people who would want to help others but they don’t know about all scholarships that are available for them.
When looking for scholarships, it is always important to remember that if you find something interesting and possible, then you should definitely pursue it. These types of scholarships usually come with eligibility criteria and certain other requirements that you need to fulfill in order to be considered for them. Ensure you meet the requirements and provide the required documents.
Also, try to submit applications on time so that you don’t miss out on any opportunities. Be resourceful when looking for scholarship opportunities and check with different organizations if they offer anything similar to what you are looking for.
Go through their application procedures carefully and look for opportunities that might interest you. Lastly, make sure you contact your university or institute about these opportunities as soon as you find them.
Leave a Reply