Annual deadline: November 15, 2022
Study in: U.S.A.
The next course begins on July 1, 2023.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards international fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
accredited U.S. institutions
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions
Number of Awards:
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who have shown prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $20,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $25,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $50,000
To be eligible for an international fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Have citizenship in a country other than the United States, or have a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the United States. Women currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- • Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- • Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- • Plan to return to her home country to pursue a professional career after finishing their studies.
- • Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5).
- • Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- • Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate, hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.), or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2022, and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- • Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S.-accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
See the eligibility criteria on the official website (link below) for more details.
Applications are currently closed.
Applications and the submission of supporting documents are made online. The application deadline for AY 2022–2023 is November 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
To access the online application and for detailed, updated information on this scholarship or fellowship, please visit the official website (link provided below).
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/
Leave a Reply